Terms of Service
By using the Opbeat.com website ("Service"), or any services of Opbeat, Inc ("Opbeat"), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service").
If you are entering into this agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity, its affiliates and all users who access our services through your account to these terms and conditions, in which case the terms "you" or "your" shall refer to such entity, its affiliates and users associated with it. if you do not have such authority, or if you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you must not accept this agreement and may not use the services.
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While Opbeat prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that Opbeat cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must sign in with your GitHub user account in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person - a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Opbeat cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright or trademark laws).
Payment and refunds
- Free accounts are not required to provide payment account information. When switching to a paid plan you will be asked to put valid payment information.
- An upgrade from the free plan to any paying plan will immediately bill you.
- For monthly payment plans, the Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- The credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle when your billing status changes.
Cancellation and termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. You can cancel your account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Make it clear whether you are cancelling your personal account or an organization account.
- All of your Content will be deleted from the Service after cancellation. This information can not be recovered once your account is cancelled.
- If you are cancelling a personal account, data that is relevant for the organization will remain available to the rest of the organization.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- Opbeat, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Opbeat service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. Opbeat reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and prices
- Opbeat reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Opbeat Site (Opbeat.com) or the Service itself.
- Opbeat shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Customer source code ownership
- Opbeat claims no ownership over any customer source code.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- Support for Opbeat services is only available in English, via email.
- You understand that Opbeat uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Opbeat, or any other Opbeat service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Opbeat.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by Opbeat) of other Opbeat customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle usage until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- Opbeat does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Opbeat shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Opbeat has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third-party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of Opbeat to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Opbeat and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Opbeat (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). You agree that these Terms of Service and Your use of the Service are governed under California law.